All members of the Northern California Cognitive Behavior Therapy Network (NCCBTN) are automatically invited to join the Listserve. If you join the group, please review the following list of general courtesies, rules, and regulations of the NCCBTN Listserve.
These guidelines are intended to promote useful and respectful interaction among the Listserve members:
- Be courteous, constructive and encouraging. The discussions on the Listserve are intended to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Although differences of opinion are welcome, please express your thoughts and opinions in a professional manner. Offer comments that are collegial in tone, without unprofessional behavior or hostility (i.e. ad hominem personal attacks or any other malevolent behavior.) Libel (written information intended to harm another person’s reputation) and slander (falsely spoken information which damages another) are prohibited.
- Keep messages as brief as possible (e.g., only “repost” essential text from previous postings).
- Use “subject” lines that are as brief and informative as possible. If posting a referral request, include the word “referral” in the subject line.
- When responding to a Listserve post, please ensure that you include members of the Listserve only if the content is of broad interest and not intended for just one person, or a select few. This is particularly relevant when responding to a referral request. If you are responding to a list member to offer your services, please respond backchannel except in rare circumstances in which the referral would be of interest to many NCCBTN members.
- When a member posts a referral request for a clinician who meets specific criteria (e.g., accepts insurance, is in a particular geographic region), please do not offer your services if you do not meet the requested criteria. Please assume that the Listserve member would not have specified the criteria if the client or the Listserve member was open to services outside of those criteria.
- When posting a referral request, maintain confidentiality and include the minimum amount of information needed to meet the needs of the referral (e.g., male in his 30s seeking CBT in the Rockridge Oakland area for panic attacks).
- Direct your messages or replies to the Listserve only when you believe they will be of wide interest, otherwise, direct them to individual e-mail addresses.
- If you are working towards licensure and are being supervised by a licensed clinician, please identify yourself as a trainee and list your supervisor’s name and license number whenever you post on the listserve.
- Please be sensitive to cultural, religious, and racial issues
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the Listserve is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- NCCBTN allows posts announcing upcoming workshops, symposia, and other professional educational opportunities. To post, the following criteria must be met: one or more of the presenters must be an NCCBTN member; and the topic must cover CBT-related treatment, assessment, or research, or cover methodological approaches used in the said research, or cover training or supervision aspects of teaching CBT. Please refrain from repeated announcements of the same event.
- Do not post any information or material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Under no circumstances may Listserve members discuss pricing issues or any issues that would violate antitrust laws (e. g., a discussion of hourly fees is not permitted because it may violate antitrust law).
- When discussing clinical issues, please maintain client confidentiality.
- Do not send administrative messages such as “remove me from the list” through the Listserve. Instead, please contact Krissy Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from the Listserve, contact Krissy Poole (email@example.com) and she will remove your name from the Listserve.
- Please include “Unsubscribe” in your subject line.
- Please allow approximately 7-10 days for this to take effect, although, in most cases, it will occur sooner.